Monday, November 30, 2009

A tree called vengeance - Digging to its roots - Part II

(NOTE -- Please read in the order the story is posted... from Part I)

I collapse to the ground. I am shivering. I am scared. I don’t know what to do. Stella is lying dead in the bedroom.

I call up my friend, Francis.

I tell him Stella is dead.

He is shocked.

He asks how it happened.

I tell him she hanged herself.

He asks why. I say, I don’t know.

He says, “Of course you wouldn’t. Stupid me. You wouldn’t have let her do it if you had known. I am sorry”

I don’t say anything. A pause.

I ask him to come over. He agrees.


Francis sees me lying on the ground staring at the ceiling blankly. He understands the situation. He puts hand on my shoulder. He doesn’t know what to say. Neither do I say anything. Tears flow down my face.

We decide to inform the police first. A case is registered. Stella’s body was sent for autopsy. Result confirmed Stella died because of strangling. Police couldn’t decipher the reason why Stella would do it. But I know why would she do it.

I lied to Francis and to the police, and to everyone. I know the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment