Monday, December 28, 2009

Indian Couple Refuse to Give Their Child a Religious Identity

Read the original news here http://friendlyatheist.com/2009/12/27/indian-couple-refuses-to-give-child-a-religious-identity/. I saw it first on the front page of 28th December's "Times of India" (Mumbai circulation), but couldn't get the link to paste it here

Not often you woke up for some pleasant news like this. Thankfully, at least once in a while you bump on something like this. I appreciate the stand these couple have taken and I sincerely wish others follow this.

I just happened to remember the days when I left the religion column blank whenever I was asked to fill up any form.

I wish similar thing happens with nationality as well. Imagine the day when we don't need any nationality to identify ourselves, instead we all say we belong to earth. I wish it happens one day :)

One world, One humanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment