Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Contagious

It’s funny how few things catch people’s attention and stick like sealant refusing to go off but start spreading like wildfire instead, swallowing everyone coming in its way and growing over them every moment with no signs of slowing down even when one is not impressed with it at first, because that person doesn’t see it’s worth, however, it has such a great power, that person too becomes a victim of it unknowingly and oh, I am sorry, I should have mentioned in the beginning itself, I am talking about one sentence stories and lengthy sentences in novels which I first saw in Salman Rushdie’s book, brought to my notice by Ashwin, and the work of Gabriel Garcia, introduced to me by Ashwin agian, who turned out to be a master of lengthy sentences few running for 3 pages or even more, testing the reader’s patience, power to comprehend and their intelligence to make sense out of a sentence which conveys almost a story in it which I think is kind of crazy but it sticks like a sealant because it’s kind of cool to write long sentences and maybe that’s the reason why Ashwin started to attempt writing one sentence stories after reading Garcia and Rushdie, which inspired me to try my hands on it and my attempt has claimed its latest victim in the form of one of my friends, Guru Prasad who recently wrote a blog, a whole story in fact, in one sentence and it’s making me feel that at least one among the followers of Guru’s blog will attempt to write one sentence story or blog and in this way, I think, it will continue on and on and proliferate the number of people who love reading lengthy sentences and bloggers and writers who love to write them, sometimes one whole story or a message in one single sentence.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha looks like you got addicted to this one sentencer :)
    Even me dude..... It makes us to realize the warmth of writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he... its true that its addictive. what makes it more attractive for me is its not taking much time. After all, it's one sentence ;)... I read your blog. Nice going :) Waiting curiously for the nxt one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the club!! Let it spread, let it spread! :))

    ReplyDelete